Erhan Önal's Blog

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Open Letter to Freud

Dear Freud,

Last night, I saw a dream where I was visiting downtown Miami with Julia Roberts. She was talking about her problems, and I was applying Rogerian therapy on her, reflecting back her feelings, etc.

Was this dream about sex? I have to say I am not really sure, since I did not feel anything sexual in the dream. Am I in denial? I am asking you, because you know a thing or two about defense mechanisms. At least we weren't flying in the dream, which may mean it was not about sex; according to your scientific theory.

Is it possible that this dream was not sexual in nature, but a criticism on your therapeutic approach? Am I a bad person because I do not think people are inherently bad, crazy, or sick, like you do?

TIA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home